Sunday, September 7, 2008

Something new.

In the event of isolation precautions, I have to remember: I need the regular white mask.



Thank you to this lovely model for showing just how attractive this mask can be.












Not having a washer/dryer in my own apartment- very new.
Paying for each load of laundry- also very new.
Forgetting about my laundry and leaving it there by accident- it's getting old.







My mom will be so proud. She had the brilliant idea of color-coding my socks, so now they always match! I'm growing up so fast.










Textbooks: over $1000. Hopefully, it will be worth every penny.








Last night, my roommates and I cooked dinner with Katherine, Morgan and Jillian. Well, Jillian is a vegan...so our entire meal was vegan! (even the cake!) Instead of using eggs, sugar, and oil, we put a can of DIET SPRITE in the mix. Yup...just powder and diet sprite. Let me tell you...that cake is GOOD! and healthier for you! See, I'm already giving nursing tips.



Tomorrow morning, I have my second day of clinical at the hospital. The first day was mostly getting fit-tested (ie- getting my handy dandy mask that's pictured above and my sweet badge below) and taking a tour of the hospital (which is huge and I'm sure I will get lost). The cool thing is we don't practice on mannequins; we use real patients! Luckily, we're still doing the easy stuff (vital signs, moving patients, changing the beds, etc), which I already learned as a Certified Nurse Aide.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

HAHA, that mask is hilarious, in all the clinicals I did, I've never seen one quite so...shapely? Like a duck's bill.