Wednesday, August 27, 2008

from NC to DC...

Hello friends and family!
Thanks to Dr. Odom, I have decided to start a blog to detail my nursing school career at Georgetown University!
To bring you up to date...
As many of you know, it has been my dream for several years now to become a nurse. I have spent countless hours researching schools, volunteering at Rex Hospital, and cramming in pre-requisite courses to go to nursing school..and here I am! Georgetown was my top choice for school, and I feel so blessed to have gotten this opportunity. I would like to say thanks to all of you who helped me discover my dream and supported me during my application and interview process (especially those endured late night phone calls from me freaking out)!

The courseload is quite rigorous- this semester I am taking 18 credit hours along with 9 hours of clinicals/labs per week. My courses include Pathophysiology, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Health Care Delivery System, Theology and Ethics.

I am so excited/nervous to be here, but I worry about the intensity of this accelerated nursing program, if I'm ready for this intense program, the amount of sleep I will get, balancing friendships, and even living in a metropolis.

But I can't help but smile. It's been quite an adjustment moving from NC to DC. Despite all of these anxieties, I know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. And I love it!



Wolfpack at Heart.




















Hoya Saxa.

1 comment:

Madalyn said...

Hey, Becca! I'm so happy for you that you are FINALLY at this milestone, getting closer and closer to becoming a nurse. A blog--what a GREAT idea on how to keep everyone in the loop. Can't wait for the roomies and I to come visit you, we need to schedule a weekend! Love and miss you so much!