
Thanksgiving 2008
To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.
Well, it's been quite a while since I've last blogged...not because I haven't thought of it...I just haven't had the energy.
Or the humor.
Or the time.
Quite frankly, I haven't had much time for anything. I am spent; I am drained. Nursing school has officially gotten the best of me. It has challenged me. It has made me cry (but only once). It has pushed me to give more than I thought I could possibly give. But, it has also made me so thankful...for my health, for the health of my family. It has made me thankful for the opportunity to help others; I feel blessed to be able to help people in their most vulnerable times.
Most importantly, the past few months have reminded me to enjoy all moments of my life...whether it is a time for me to mourn, or to dance, to love, to hate, to pray or to heal....
Today...I will dance.
It is the LAST DAY OF CLASS!!
Its true...I have survived (almost) my first semester of nursing school. Now...I just have to get through finals.
But...to catch you up on my life since I last blogged...here are some of the these I've been doing to keep my sanity.


I've also been playing on the nursing school intramural basketball team. We haven't won...yet. But we've enjoyed every minute.
I've taken a liking to hiking, as well. I suppose it started from my intense trip to Zion National Park in Utah with the Caldwells. If I get the chance to get outdoors, I use it. There have been beautiful hikes up here...once you get away from all the buildings, of course.
I signed up for my next half marathon. March 21st in Virginia Beach.

I've taken a liking to hiking, as well. I suppose it started from my intense trip to Zion National Park in Utah with the Caldwells. If I get the chance to get outdoors, I use it. There have been beautiful hikes up here...once you get away from all the buildings, of course.
I signed up for my next half marathon. March 21st in Virginia Beach.
Great Falls National Park
I am still learning to balance. I am balancing my schoolwork and social life. I am balancing my stress and my exercise. Sometimes, I fail. However, I am reminded that "to everything there is a season." In between the weeping, there is plenty of laughter. I promise to keep you more informed. I hope you've all been doing well.
2 comments:
love it!!
becca - i love you and you're ability to move forward when obstacles present themselves!!! you're really awesome and keep up the hard and great work! :)
Post a Comment